Z-HOPE is an outreach service program that has six primary objectives, corresponding measures of success and a mechanism for chapter recognition. The primary objectives are:
- To provide culturally appropriate informational activities according to the Z-HOPE program format
- To foster collaborative partnerships between community organizations with shared goals
- To promote the opportunities for expansion in Stork’s Nest programs
- To facilitate community service and mentorship opportunities for members of the organization
- To provide an equitable chapter recognition program for community services rendered
- To provide a standard reporting format to concentrate efforts and demonstrate the organization’s impact
International Women of Color is a component of Z-HOPE. The programming benefits include support for those with AIDS and those caring for AIDS victims, literacy programs, building water wells, donating rice and much more. We have built more than 52 water wells throughout Ghana. We have recently launched a Well Maintenance program to ensure that our wells are consistently functioning and providing potable water to the villages. We also built a clinic at the Afua Kobi Apem Senior School for girls in Ghana. Enrollment at the school went from 1,200 to 2,000 after opening the clinic. Villagers can also visit the health center and often do. The clinic has dramatically improved the health of the girls and their families.