Zeta Amicae (Friends of Zeta) was the first national auxiliary of a collegiate sorority. As early as 1940, graduate chapters of Zeta Phi Beta began to realize the importance of the prestige, good will and cooperation of women who, for various reasons, do not possess college degrees but believe in the ideals of Zeta. The Purpose of the Amicae is to lend assistance to Zeta activities, to promote good public relations between Zetas and other women in the community, to make non-Greek women feel closer to the program of a Greek-letter group, and to assure more cooperation in community projects sponsored by Zetas.
These women render valuable services to the sorority and their respective communities. Under the administration of Soror Lullelia Harrison, the first Amicae chapter was organized in Omaha, Nebraska in 1947 making Zeta the first sorority in the National Pan-Hellenic Council to organize an auxiliary group. The second group of Amicae was organized in Houston in 1948. It was proved to be successful and thus Zeta Amicae were adopted into the national structure in December 1948 in Philadelphia. Adelaide Ford was the first President of Zeta Amicae
The Amicae colors are sky blue and royal blue. The Amicae flower is the white carnation. The official pin is the clasped hand covered by the letter Z. Zeta is proud of the Amicae, Friends of Zeta.
Contact us for more information on Zeta Amicae.